RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Streaming DTS HD MA - WHS2011 Silverlight

Marshall_W

So I've just built my first WHS box, and have been discovering all the wonderful limitations of the Silverlight streaming feature. I have found solutions to the MKV, and 4:3 aspect ratio problems, but I am now stuck on the audio.

I have two kinds of MKV files. Some have DTS HD MA audio tracks, the others don't. The ones that don't have HD MA, work fine through Silverlight.

I have been playing around with LAV Splitter and FFDShow, but to be honest I don't really know what I'm doing... From what I have read I should be able to prevent the WHS from trying to stream the HD tracks, but I have had no luck so far.

If there was a way to force the stereo track to be used instead of the HD track (my files that have HD MA tracks also have a track with DTS HD MA downmixed to Dolby Pro Logic II for Stereo), that would solve my problems. But from what I can tell, that's not possible.

Any ideas or advice is appreciated.

I don't use MKV so I can't help you much. Usually the playing device determines what tracks to play on the movie, not the server. Teh server sends everything. So I think you have to rip the movies so that only one audio track is in it.