RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Remote Web Access Media Library, no media found.

diehard

There have been a few posts regarding the Windows Server 2012 Essentials Remote Web Access page. In WSE2012, Microsoft carried forward the Media stuff from WHS2011 that was not included in Small Business Server 2011 Essentials, which makes WSE2012 a more full featured OS.

However the Remote Media stuff looks nice but is buggy. I have been testing Drive Bender on WSE2012 ( Stablebit's drive pool does not support WSE2012). I noticed that if you move your Music, Pictures and Videos folder to the pool to allow you one large and expandable partition, things break on the Web Access Media Library. The files will NOT be indexed and will not appear, BE WARNED.

This in not an issue with the Drive Bender app as much as it is with Microsoft's implementation. You will notice that you can't add videos folders from other places on your hard drives to include into the Videos Library and expect them to appear or be aggregated into the Remote Web Access Media Library. However you will see the files and folders if you look in the Shared Folder Web App.

I hope this gets fixed, in the mean time, does anyone have a workaround ?

Here is a post on what I'm writing about, http://forum.division-m.com/index.php?topic=1090.msg4120#msg4120

More and more, WSE2012 is seeming less attractive.

Every time I think I want to upgrade I see a post like this and realize that version 1 is working perfectly for me.

I think that 2011 is the perfect balance between the two.

Funny because I think 2011 is the worst one of all. If I were to upgrade it would be to s2008r2 or s2012e.

Funny because I think 2011 is the worst one of all. If I were to upgrade it would be to s2008r2 or s2012e.

The problem I having is finding features on WSE2012 that will be of benefit to me. ATM, the only one is having a Domain.

The problem I having is finding features on WSE2012 that will be of benefit to me. ATM, the only one is having a Domain.

The main two are it isn't as buggy, and one should never forget, it doesn' have the 2 TB backup limitation.

one should never forget, it doesn't have the 2 TB backup limitation.

It is a consideration for sure, but I'm not currently, and don't expect any time soon to be, experiencing any 2TB issues. None of my client PC's are over 2TB, and I only use Server Backup to back up the OS; the data is taken care of by RoboCopy batch jobs to external enclosures.

It isn't about the client pc's. It is about backing up the server. Mine is about 5 TB's and I would have to manually back it up three times to get the job done. Its just a horrible product.