RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Tombstones (shares) folder - Posible to get an inventory of files?

Puulima

Of the 7 drives I had in my WHS v1 - 2 ended up failing right after each other. Wasn't concerned when Drive 1 failed given duplication was turned on but when the second failed - I know I've lost some data. One was a 1TB so limiting my loss to something less than 1TB. But I'd like to be able to determine what I actually lost when all is loaded back into my new server.

So since WHS keeps the tombstones on file - am I correct in assuming that in that folder - ALL files would be listed? And I see a "shares" folder on the primary DATA drive (the second partition of the SYS drive) that is NOT in the DE folder - so assuming that is the Tombstones folder? It looks like all the files are saved there but of course none of them actually open.

Wondering if I can get a directory listing from that SHARES folder and use as a Checklist?

Edited by Puulima

It's not the data in the DE folders I'm referring to. I can get all that data off the drives that didn't die. But I know I lost some data - and I wanted to know if the "other" shares folder (NOT in the DE folder) on the main drive - is a comprehensive listing of all files that were in all the collective DE folders - IE: My understanding is this shares folder that's NOT in DE (and which none of the files actually opens) contains all of the tombstones. I have created a listing using the basic DOS DIR piping command - so will find out later I guess - unless somebody answers me here.

That part is easy. I just don't know if what I'm looking at in that folder is the tombstone "listing"...have to assume so at this point. Thanks!