RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

POE switch ports

schoondoggy

I am helping a neighbor add three wireless access points to his home network. All three of these AP are POE. Instead of spending money on three POE injectors I would like to find a small switch to give me 3-4 gigabit POE ports. I found this one; http://www.blackbox.com/Store/Detail.aspx/Unmanaged-802-3af-PoE-Gigabit-Ethernet-Switch-5-Port/LPB1205A

Anyone know of other choices in small POE switches?

Ah,,, note to self,, don't get overly fixated on finding a 5 port POE switch and miss the fact that the 8 port switches with POE ports are as cheap and more plentiful! Thanks :rolleyes:

I am really curious why someone thinks they need 3 wireless access points in their home. It is a really large house? Maybe one on each floor?

Big house, two story with full finished basement, large stone fireplace in the middle of the house seems to block signal. Two access points in the house and one outdoor unit by their pool. Seamless steel siding seems to block the signal from getting out to the pool area,

Guest no-control

I am really curious why someone thinks they need 3 wireless access points in their home. It is a really large house? Maybe one on each floor?

Was wondering that as well but figured who am I to judge someone living in a 3 story bunker?

^_^