RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Adminime Issues

pcdoc

Anyone else haveing problems with the Adminime add-in. I have tried it on three different servers and it only worked on one without any issues. Mostly I get a time out error on my main server and lockups starting and shutting down on the second. I have a friend who had the same problem and contacted them for support and has yet to recieve a response. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• krom

• ASoft

• pcdoc

• shollz

Top Posters In This Topic

I had issues with my console not opening after I did a server reboot. Upon my first RDP into the server, I had a notice that said a service failed to start. Then I would try to start my console, and after waiting a couple minutes of nothingness, I would kill it in the task manager. When you restart it, the console will pop up a message saying the last attempt had failed due to an add-in adminme.dll or something like that, I did not write it down. I had to uninstall the add-in from add/remove programs, then reboot. I did not get the service error and my console did start this time after waiting about 30 seconds. I then uesd the add-in cleanup tool to remove the adminime addin from the console. I re-installed it and it is now working fine. BUT, I have not rebooted again since then.

Huh.....I just installed it last week and have been having issues too. I've been getting BSOD's and reboots every once in a while since and I get a message that some service has failed to load at start up. However I did also install AnyDVD and DA Document Manager in this time frame as well so I wasn't ready to point the finger at Adminime just yet.

This morning I uninstalled AnyDVD as a first step. I didn't reboot yet so I'll have to see if I still get the failed service when I get home.

In any case thanks for the heads up Mike and thanks for your steps taken so far Shollz.

I'll update here when I reboot later today or tomorrow.

Update -

I just rebooted my server this morning after the IE8 update. And I now get the service failed to start again. So it is definitely Adminime causing that issue. My console did start up just fine, but it did take almost a minute and took 100mb of ram. Normally it takes 7-12 seconds for the console to open and around 70mb of ram.

another thing to add is that my WHS is a DIY build and I think PCDOC's are as well. Is anyone haveing issues with this on an HP box?? My co-worker has not experienced this to my knowledge on his 485

It might be a version issue. Understand he going to release an update in the next couple of weeks. It is definetly problematic. I tried it again on a clean server and same problem.

I was still having a failed service after removing AnyDVD on reboot. So I ended up removing Adminime and the system came up fine. Hopefully Nick will straighten this out as I did like the addin (not to mention I paid for it).