RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Unable to get connector to work on any client machine

Dd_Dodd

While there are other posts on this forum regarding this same topic, none of the solutions workd for me. Plus they were all old and outdateds so I imagined that replying to them wouldn't get any immediate response. Here is where I am at so far. I have to windows 7 machines. They can both see the server and access it to transfer files, but when I try to run the connector software, it fails every single time after entering in the server password. The error I get it:

Untitled2.png

I tried by simplying verifying the SSL certificate, so my current configuration looks like:

Untitled.png

I have flushed the dns cache on both machines, turned off ipv6 on both the client machines as well as the server, tried to run the find my server program, but nothing at all seems to work. Oh, also tried to surf to the connect software via ipv4 and saved the software to my desktop, but to no surprise it didn't work. I have no idea why everything that has been suggested online doesn't work at all for me :(

BTW, the name of my server is mrdddodd-server, and my remote server site is mrdddodd.homeserver.com. Tried to make everything uniform to eliminate any roadblocks...

So, I went to program and features and only saw .net 4.0. I went to the "turn windows features on or off" and checked both items under 3.5 and rebooted. No change, still the same error

You have to install 3.5 so as long as that went okay that should be good. Turn IPv6 back on and make sure that you can ping the server by both IP and hostname.

That port number you used doesn't look right. Seems like it is 56000 or something close to that.

Well, I finally got it to work. I originally had my remote access server listed under another home page with Windows Live, but changed it later to match the name of my server. I had a feeling this might be causing an issue, so I did a reinstall of WHS. Once it was up and running, I tried to connect all my PCs again, they all worked without a hitch. I am pretty sure it ws the process of the bindings having multiple websites to choose from (even though my current was was selected as can be seen in the screen shot above). Or, it could have been some microsoft update that went through as that was the first thing I did when my server was setup originally.