RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
samuk

P410 for a Micro Server - Quick Q

DanielN

6.40 doesn't change the bay numbers for me.

Rukah

If I get a P410 to run a HW RAID5..... I then want to also run a RAID1 Array for the OS... Do I do this using the onboard ports/raid controller? or do I add the raid1 array to the P410 controller?

Boris

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I have questions relating specifically to the P410. Is it possible to install one of these cards in PCIe2 slot? My PCIe1 is taken up by a Ceton InfiniTV4 card (see picture).

I'm thinking about redoing my HP N40L configuration to get rid of virtualization and need a raid controller to handle the disks. If the P410 doesn't fit, will a P212 fit or are there other solutions out there that would work?

Thank you!

OpenShot.jpg

ikon

Isn't the 2nd PCIe slot a x1? If so, I believe you're out of luck.

Boris

Isn't the 2nd PCIe slot a x1? If so, I believe you're out of luck.

Yes it's a x1 slot. I guess I'll look for an alternative.

getflashed

Hi can anyone confirm that the P410 is not recognized by the iLO 4 in a gen8? I found 1-2 messages in the german Hardwareluxx community.

My plan is to migrate my N54L with 4x 3TB WD Red & 4x 120G SSD running ESXi 5.5 with a FSC D2616/512 controller to a 'cheap' Gen8 G1610T + P410 for backup/archive, vUTM and Xpenology.

GotNoTime

Hi can anyone confirm that the P410 is not recognized by the iLO 4 in a gen8? I found 1-2 messages in the german Hardwareluxx community.

You need a current generation card like the P222 or P420 to be recognised by iLO. The P410 will still work though.

My plan is to migrate my N54L with 4x 3TB WD Red & 4x 120G SSD running ESXi 5.5 with a FSC D2616/512 controller to a 'cheap' Gen8 G1610T + P410 for backup/archive, vUTM and Xpenology.

Will you be running a hypervisor such as ESXi? The P410 isn't directly supported by any recent build of the Xpenology kernel as far as I know. You'll have to investigate further yourself. Edited by GotNoTime

getflashed

Thanks for the quick response.

gnegnus

Hi, I've a question.

I'm italian so I'm sorry for my bad english. 

I've a HP Microserver gen8 and I want make my 4 drive run into RAID 5.

I've read a lot of thread but I'm a bit confused.

What RAID controller I have to buy? P222, P410 or P420?

P222 and P420 are a lot expensive. Are they newer of  P410?

How much RAM FBWC I need? I think 512MB is ok.

I'm also worrried about compatibility with iLo 4 I've read. 

In italian ebay I found this card. P410 512MB with battery but I don't want to buy it if this is not for me! =P

http://www.ebay.it/itm/HP-P410-512MB-Raid-Controller-SmartArray-FBWC-SuperCap-578230-B21-low-profile-/152232282873?hash=item2371c04af9:g:gTYAAOSwgApXC2ps 

Please advise me. =)

Roberto