Guest no-control

Talked to death

Edited by no-control

Joe_Miner

Link wasn't working when I tried it.

Joe_Miner

Thanks No-Control -- Sweet deal!

oj88

You might be mis-licensed here. IIRC, the Home Use Program is a benefit of MS EA customers only and it should be commensurate to the number of CALs the customer bought. The consumption of the HUP is monitored in the VLSC portal with the emails of those people who purchased it.

My 2c.

Edited by oj88

Guest no-control

Didn't realize that I needed to preface this with, caveat emptor as with everything on the internets. Just like TechNET you might be in violation of licensing, or might not be. As with all software you should read and the licensing that goes with it. :rolleyes:

Your interpretation of it is pretty vague on how the HUP can be used. Say I worked for our oppressive overlords as meager servant processing nonsensical paperwork for their next atrocity. AND had decided to increase efficiency thus allowing us to be overworked more and liquidating more souls in the great quest of moar profit to upgrade office draconian edition to 2013. Thus extending their VL to the HUP to "them" the profit sucking employee, using my personal email account, who then has his downsized. Legally it should be collected at the door, but is it?

:huh:

GavinCampbell

My head hurts from trying to understand the above.

However it looks like a good deal. My GF uses hotmail. This would be perfect to install on her PC.

Guest no-control

I was being a smart ass....

Basically you risk $10 and get 2013 for an undetermined amount of time.

Mr_Smartepants

OJ88 is right. The program code is tied to the organization that has a contract with Microsoft. If you don't work for that organization then you are violating the terms of the agreement.

The program code that I used to buy mine yesterday was different from the one in the first post because my organization is different (USAF) and the requirements were different (email: *@us.af.mil).

The fact that this program code requires a hotmail acct may indicate that the program code is possibly for Microsoft employees only.

Because this program code is now out in the wild, I wouldn't be surprised if M$ invalidate the code and reissue it to the contracted organization with a stern warning.

As with everything on the internet, your mileage may vary. ;)