RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Necessary Client Service Not Starting Automatically

joem

The following services do not start on a Windows 7 Pro computer after restarts or shutdowns. The services have to be manually started from the services snap in or computer management.

Windows Server Health Service

Windows Server Notifications Provider Service

Windows Server Download Service

Windows Server Client Computer Backup Provider Service

Windows Server Initialization Service

Some have suggested to set them to Automatic delayed start but that doesn't work for me. Any suggestions would be appreciated. This issue just started a couple of days ago without issue before.

That might be a good idea. I have a drive I keep as a spare that I restored an image to about two weeks ago. I'll put it in and boot it up. I have a job to go on right now but will do it when I get back and report. Maybe there were some updates on the server or this client that affected it.

Edited by joem

OK. Here is what I did. I installed a hard disk that i did the client restore with from a couple of weeks ago. Worked fine. Shut down the computer and put the other drive back in and worked fine. Go figure. I'm going to leave those services that I changed to delayed start as is since it works. I'll keep an eye on it.

At this point I'm thinking it was a server issue. But I have no way of proving that since I don't have a large enough sample to test. All of those server services that would previously not start are dependent on the "Windows Server Service Provider Registry Service" by the way.

It's always a little unnerving when something just seems to 'magically' fix itself. The good thing is that it is fixed, at least for now. I agree with keeping an eye on it.

• Like 1