RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

how do you replace the primary data drive in whs2011

capall

thats what I was hoping to hear.

-Any issues with the client backups in terms of OS settings? In other words, if I delete a user account for a client, will this essentially delete all referenecs to that client in the OS. (The client backups will be deleted also when I format the green drive).

-Do I have to move the shared folders back to the C drive, even though they are empty?

In other words, when you move the shared folders from the C drive to another drive, are you simply creating a copy of those shared folder names on the new drive

A>You could pick a point in time to restore from. The Dashboard will tell you where the folders are.

B> Yes, you will need to move those folders.

thanks, don't care about restoring form the backups on the current green drive. I'm happy to delete the client backups on the green drive, and then when I have the red drive installed, I will perform an image instead of a backup for each of the 2 laptops, and then decommision the laptops.

Do i have to delete any settings/references in the dashboard to the green drive, regarding backups/ or other info?

Once you reset all the Shared Folders back to the original location, nothing else is needed. The Dashboard should show the drive as empty.