RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Backup PC that is offsite to WHS

DazStep

A while back on one of the podcasts there was discussion of an addin/app that could be installed that would enable a pc that is not regularly connected to the LAN to still backup to the WHS. It did this by going via some 3rd party and setting up a VPN. Can anyone refresh me with what it was called please?

My intention is to backup my Mums PC which is currently at my place, to then take it to her place and have it remotely backup just like it was here at my house.

I've done searches but don't think I'm using the right keywords as I just cannot find it. Thanks for the help.

Yep, AJ is right, Hamachi.

You got it right, do the 1st backup onsite, it takes the longest time, each consecutive backup is quicker.

You got it right, do the 1st backup onsite, it takes the longest time, each consecutive backup is quicker and shorter.

You got it right, do the 1st backup onsite, it takes the longest time, each consecutive backup is quicker and shorter.

You know, there's a thought that the more one insists on a thing, the more likely it isn't necessarily true. Just saying... /haha

haha,
good one, I actually was trying to modify the post while it was processing and that resulted it the TRIPLE post. I'll clean that up.

( or was I trying to catch up to AJ in the leaderboard ?)