RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Highpoint 2720SGL gone from boot

U5tabil

My guess is you lost the card. I would suggest "borrowing" for you local source (Newegg, Amazon, etc.) one and see if that corrects the issue. I have had one controller go our a couple years ago and all I had to do is drop a new one in and go. At least if will eliminate whether or not it is hardware and it will faster and potentially safer for you data.

Yeah well i dont know where i purchased this card. Iv logged into all of the sites i know of now, but cant find the history of it. So to try another is hard. But i do have an RockedRaid 620 that works just fine. It finds it bios and works perfect as a raid 0 for two disk to run the OS on the server. I just hope HighPoint may help me out here with this one. If not il need to buy a new controller. And it wount be highpoint if they dont help me out here.

Too late now, but I would have tried Safe Mode before blowing away the OS. Virtualization is looking better all the time for my server needs at home.

Too late now, but I would have tried Safe Mode before blowing away the OS. Virtualization is looking better all the time for my server needs at home.

Well i manage to enter the array in safe mode to start with. but not the gui. But under normal it did not work. thats why i tried reinstalling the OS. But now after the bios update of the card i cant find it at all...

Well i manage to enter the array in safe mode to start with. but not the gui. But under normal it did not work. thats why i tried reinstalling the OS. But now after the bios update of the card i cant find it at all...

Did you setup the card to send out emails for alerts?