RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Highpoint 2720SGL gone from boot

U5tabil

My raid 5 array had some problems. I could not enter the array, its been working for probably a year now without any problems. But in safemode i manage to enter. I reinstalled windows to see if that fixed it. But same problem. I tried installing the webgui but that did not work, could not find the controller so it was blank. So i tried updating the bios for the controller trough dos. But after this the controller does not show at all when i start the server. Its just totaly gone :( i dont see the controller bios at start up or anything. in windows i can see in device manager a controller. but for some reason i cant install the driver anymore for it. i tried installing the bios in dos again, but now it doesnt find it at all, so i cant.

what do i need to do to make it come back?

Did you install the drivers for the card? I doubt they were native to the OS installation.

I tried installing them in windows trough device manager with the newes drivers from highpoint. but for some reason the drivers don't work anymore. Windows dont let me install the driver.

Try reseating the card or moving to another slot. If it does not show in the device manager, the board is not seeing it.

Try reseating the card or moving to another slot. If it does not show in the device manager, the board is not seeing it.

I dont have another slot to try in. But i will reinstall my other pc to test if it finds it on that one.

Tried in another pc now. The controller bios does not show up in bootup at all. Tried using the "load driver" when trying to install windows. But it does not show. It did before the update of the bios on the controller.

It really seems that the update to 1.5 has made the controller useless....

Time to contact HighPoint I think.

Yes i made a ticket at their site. This is really strange. And quite anoying since i have lige 7TB of stuff on this array... Il update here on what they say. Maybe others may find it interesting for later.

My guess is you lost the card. I would suggest "borrowing" for you local source (Newegg, Amazon, etc.) one and see if that corrects the issue. I have had one controller go our a couple years ago and all I had to do is drop a new one in and go. At least if will eliminate whether or not it is hardware and it will faster and potentially safer for you data.