RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
mailman1988

Request Crashplan intital setup help

mailman1988

I would like to set up (2) V1 WHS to back up to each other via Crash Plan. I'm just unsure as how to do this.

Does anyone have procedures on how I go about setting up each one to back up my Shares from Work to Home and then those on Home to Work.

Thanks.

jmwills

1st Question. Is your work network that wide open that you would be allowed to do this?

ikon

1st Question. Is your work network that wide open that you would be allowed to do this?

I missed the part about work. However, given he's talking about 2 WHSv1's, I can only assume he has 1 at home and 1 at work. If he's got a WHSv1 at work, presumably he has authority to run CrashPlan over the work internet.

However, that's a lot of assumptions. Mailman1988, can you clarify what it is you're trying to do?

pcdoc

The basic process is as follows: You install Crashplan to both computer/server. Go to Crashplan on the first computer and create your backup set and for destination select the other computer. Reverse the process for the other computer. It is rather simple but just remember you will have an issue on V1 if you drive extender as Crashplan will want to access only the local drives.

mailman1988

I have a V1 at work (my company) and a v1 at home. Right now the work system is not opened up to the, but could be for this purpose.

I'm not sure I understand DE roll with relation to Crashplan. Should I set up a specific area on a drive for cp or just a folder or let cp handle it directly?

Thanks

Joe_Miner

In the FAQ's at CrashPlan's web support site they have a step by step guide on installing CrashPlan on a WHS-V1 machine.