RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Nice Option for increased storage

pcdoc

Just got this HDD cage yesterday and I must say I was impressed. It works on most cases that have 3 5.25 inch open bays. It comes with its own 120mm fan that is very quiet. If you need more drive bays, this is worth considering.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811995035&cm_re=lian_li_hdd-_-11-995-035-_-Product

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dvn

• pcdoc

• ikon

• JediTim

Top Posters In This Topic

The price speaks for itself :D

But if you want to squeeze in more disks (for those with space issues like me) there are ways to get up to 5 disks in those 3 bays...

Yes, I've never had a case quite as nice as the Lian Li. I went from a 7-year old Antec Sonata with (1)-120mm rear fan to a case with 4 fans, (1)-120mm and (3)-140mm. My hard drives especially like it. The internal wiring is completely hidden behind the motherboard. The 4 case fans are manually controlled by a Scythe fan controller, which suits my needs just fine. I run at the lowest fan speeds, which is quiet and more than adequate for this time of year.

Speaking of Windows 7 desktop gadgets, I need to see a decent Temp Monitor gadget to go along with the CPU Meter I use on my desktop.

I actually have one of these as well. It is a really nice case and keeps things very kool. Aside from the A70 monster, I have I also have two of the PC-K7B, whcih are awesome for a midrange WHS.