RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Missing Users from Dashboard

Sborden70

I installed the Advanced Admin console and now Users is missing from the dashboard. I have tried to uninstall the add in and the users part of the dashboard still isnt there. Anyway to fix this?

Thanks in Advance

Server restore possibly? I looked at the documentation for this add-in (not knowing what someone would gain by ti) but it does not say it is WSE2012 compatible, that I could find.

Thank you for the prompt response

Will all my files still be there or should i backup externally? I found a support document on this website the owner of the add in that says it should work with 2012 essentials but i guess it doesnt.

Edited by Sborden70

If you just backed up the server and no data, this should only restore the server, however, you should review your backup plan to see what has been included/excluded.

What functionality were you hoping to gain from this?

Trying to add another user and the server dashboard wont allow it. I click the add users and nothing happens. Sorry for the Newb questions but i came over from WHS 2011 and this is a completely different animal

http://www.home-server-addins.com/archives/category/windows-server-2012-essentials

This is the website where i saw advanced admin console is supposedly working on 2012 Essentials

Edited by Sborden70

Make sure the user account you are using has the correct permissions to add users. This sounds like a permissions issue.

I am remoted in via TeamViewer and logged in as the Admin account i created with full access. I think this add in screwed up the dashboard and now my only option is the restore you suggested.

Thank you for the help JM

Edited by Sborden70

I found the issue, For whatever reason the Users was disabled in safe Mode settings, under help in the dashboard. I re-enabled and now i have the users back again just in case anyone else comes across this problem.

Thanks again

I found the issue, For whatever reason the Users was disabled in safe Mode settings, under help in the dashboard. I re-enabled and now i have the users back again just in case anyone else comes across this problem.

Thanks again

I wonder if Users is disabled by default in Safe Mode?