RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

How do I install ASUS P8H77-I network drivers?

IVIauricius

Just put together my first home server and in the middle of installation. The installer stopped because it can't find drivers for the network card in this motherboard. Where can I find drivers specific for the server OS, or which ones should I try from the regular Windows operating systems?

Specs:

ASUS P8H77-I

Celeron G550

16GB DDR3 RAM Kingston (had it lying around :P)

1TB WD C. Red HDD

Thanks for the reply. I went with the Win7 x64 drivers before coming back to the post. Good to know there are users active here!

Got the server up and running and going to add a few hard drives.

That mobo most likely has a Realtek NIC. None of the versions of Windows I've tried have a drivers that works with the Realtek. I keep a red, 125MB USB thumbdrive around with the Realtek Generic NIC driver on it just so I can do bare metal restores of my systems. It's red so I can find it easily and I know it's the right one (it's the only red one I own). :)

That mobo most likely has a Realtek NIC. None of the versions of Windows I've tried have a drivers that works with the Realtek. I keep a red, 125MB USB thumbdrive around with the Realtek Generic NIC driver on it just so I can do bare metal restores of my systems. It's red so I can find it easily and I know it's the right one (it's the only red one I own). :)

Yes, it's a Realtek NIC.

These are the steps I took, from memory:

I put in the disc included with the motherboard. When I got the error the WHS installer offered two options: Install Drivers or Restart. I clicked Install Drivers and it opened Device Manager. I right clicked on "ethernet controller", I believe. I'm going from memory now, but I think I next clicked on "Update Driver". Chose to find the driver on my PC. Navigated all the way down to the W7 version of the Realtek NIC executable and chose the folder. I thought I was going to go through the typical .exe installer like in Windows 7, but I'm guessing Device Manager took care of installation. The Realtek NIC appeared in Device Manager after that windows closed and I restarted the server.

Everything seems to going smooth, but I'll post anything if I get any problems with this motherboard.

Edited by IVIauricius

driverpacks.net is a good resource. It's updated often and in 99% of cases, will have the drivers that you need.

The drivers aren't on the disc that came with the board?

They are; those are the ones he used: "I put in the disc included with the motherboard." I use the thumb drive because it's easier to keep track of, doesn't get scratched/damaged like a DVD can, and I use it on many systems.