RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
JerryW

Home Server Status - END OF THE LINE

JerryW

After careful consideration, I have decided that I will be pulling Home Server Status from the downloads section January 1st, 2013. I have a couple of bugs I would like to try to squash and then the project will be considered permanently closed. I completely thank this forum and everyone who has downloaded, purchased a license, and have supported my application over the last year or so. Home Server Show forums is and will continue to be a great place to share information and to communicate with a bunch of great folks.

Thank you,

JerryW

Edited by JerryW

Greg Welch

Thank you for the contribution, I have enjoyed using it.

JerryW

Thank you. Of course, those who have it, can continue to use it. I will be performing hopefully one more automated update to fix a memory issue and then will come in the form of an auto-update.

cge

Hi Jerry,

It's too bad you stop it right now !

I'm using it since the first version, it was very helpful, thanks again.

Since I'm concerned by the recent issue regarding the memory leak, I'd like to know if you're going to post a new build here because I'll not received automatic update through HSS, I was forced to stop using it due to this memory leak, it eats 500Mb / hours, so it's far to much to keep it running all the time !

Regards

Christophe

ikon

Sorry to hear the news Jerry, but I understand it can be difficult, and sometimes unrewarding, to support & maintain a software utility.

JerryW

Hi Jerry,

It's too bad you stop it right now !

I'm using it since the first version, it was very helpful, thanks again.

Since I'm concerned by the recent issue regarding the memory leak, I'd like to know if you're going to post a new build here because I'll not received automatic update through HSS, I was forced to stop using it due to this memory leak, it eats 500Mb / hours, so it's far to much to keep it running all the time !

Regards

Christophe

As of now, I have not been able to find a solution within the WIndows 8 OS. I intend on squashing this bug and when I do, I will post about the update on this site.

JerryW

Sorry to hear the news Jerry, but I understand it can be difficult, and sometimes unrewarding, to support & maintain a software utility.

ikon,

The level of difficulty isn't the problem. I simply do not feel that MS has left much room for any developers in this category. Granted some have moved to WS2012E but I am not as enthusiastic as I was when WHS first came about. I do not believe that MS will continue with Windows Essentials. I feel you will eventually see that product go away. I need to be able to focus on other items that will continue to put food on the table and pay the bills, as I am trying to create my own company. That is not to say from time to time you won't see something from me, because you may. I truly like this forum. Everyone has been kind, supportive, and most of all, adult about things.

diehard

Sorry to hear that development on the home server status addin will end. I was hoping that WS2012E would give developers a promising future. WHSv1 was a start, and many came. However WHS2011 and the rest of the Colorado products only saw very few addins. WS2012E is supposed to make IT simpler for small business who do not have IT people. Addins are supposed to fill that gap. I hope you continue to participate in these forums, as you said, I believe it's a great community we have here.

• Like 1