RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

How long will you continue to use WHS 2011 ?

g725s

I thought (and said on the podcast) that I was going to move onto a WS2012e box by the end of 2012. That didn't happen. WHS2011 is working so well at the moment that I hate to change it. Guess I will need to get WS2012 fired up in a VM again.

I thought (and said on the podcast) that I was going to move onto a WS2012e box by the end of 2012. That didn't happen. WHS2011 is working so well at the moment that I hate to change it. Guess I will need to get WS2012 fired up in a VM again.

Sounds like me Jim. I do like that WHS2011 is viable enough that we can take our time to test WSE2012 as much as we want.

Couldn't have put it better. I also have Server 2012E in a VM on a Win8 Ent. client machine. But then WHS2011+Drive Bender is working together perfectly for me that moving into the newer OS doesn't quite offer much value on top of what I already have.

But we'll see what the future holds. If I end up needing support for GPT clients and MS decides not to bring it to WHS2011, I might move to 2012E.

Will use WHS 2011 for as long as I can. Hoping that Microsoft will give us GPT support in an update rollup.

you will be getting a surprise soon.