RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Microserver N40L - New Setup & Advice

craigblues

Fair comment. Oh well. I was told today that I was approved for my £100 cashback from HP, so I only paid £110ish for the Microserver, bargain! So I will give it a whirl. :D

Still not sure the full potentials and what I could do additionally, compared to what I do now. i.e. Additional fun things!! :rolleyes:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmwills

• ikon

• Joe_Miner

• craigblues

Robocopy is built-in to the Server OS. Just run it from the command prompt. And welcome............

Take away my MVP card. I never knew the that Robocopy was built into Windows. Dang.

Take away my MVP card. I never knew the that Robocopy was built into Windows. Dang.

When mine was active, I was amazed to see they had X-Box MVP's.....that's a whole lotta gaming!

When mine was active, I was amazed to see they had X-Box MVP's.....that's a whole lotta gaming!

Still do https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx -- the X-Box MVP's gotta be a lot more fun crowd than the "PowerShell" MVP's :) though PowerShell is sortof like DOS Command Line smashed into C so I can see where that could be fun at times :D

With enough wine anything could be fun :)

Of course I forgot to note the obvious -- even though the X-Box MVP's are fun they're not as much fun as the WHS MVP's!

I'm afraid the XBox MVP's would be too tatooed, too stoned, too smelly, too messy, and too hairy for me :D

BTW, in case anyone didn't get it, I was completely joking (a play on stereotypes).

Well last night I finally unboxed the N40L on arrival of my WHS 2011 Install DVD and 8GB Ram.

So contemplated how I was going to do it, thought bugger it I will just put a dvd drive in the microserver for the evening until I relised I only had IDE Drives kicking around. So after a while I programmed a 4GB usb drive but then discovered WHS wouldn't fit on to it, so then dug out a 8GB one and programmed that and then copied over the install software.

This is as far as I got. as my kind broadband provider has currently cut me off due to a mess up with an engineer and I have now got to wait until most likely the 8th Jan for them to fix it, so until then I am without internet or phone from home. :angry: