RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

WS2012E and servvio

kevnancy

In my case, it could just have been an issue with Serviio working with my Popcorn Hour. Or a combination of both.

I do wish Serviio wasn't Java-dependent though. At least on my server, I'd like to be Java-free.

I do wish Serviio wasn't Java-dependent though. At least on my server, I'd like to be Java-free.

The really sad part is Jave is, itself, quite secure. It's the various runtime engines that have the issues.

In fact, Serviio works perfectlly on WS2012E with DNLA Device (Freebox) and windows 8 clients (with shark007 codecs) but only on the local network.

In WS2012E firewall, I allowed "serviiservice.exe" for inbound and outbound trafics but impossible to access to Servviio mediabrowser interface... I don't understand why.

But the first real problem for me, it's the media streaming server of WS2012E unable to "see" m2ts, avi files.... If I use the remote web access, I can see mkv and play but not the m2ts or avi files. One solution should be to convert these files on mkv but I don't want to do that.

Just for my personal information. Someone of you can stream mkv, m2ts and avi over media streaming server or there is no solution to play avi and M2ts through it?