RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Recommendation For 8 Port Gigabit Switch

joem

I agree with the DGS-1008G, however if performance is a concern as well as future expansion, go for the DGS-1016D. They benchmark about 15+% faster and you will have twice the ports. I have one for awhile and love it. I just order the 102D like CS Kenny as I ran out of the 16 ports.

Next to my router sits a D-Link DGS-1024D Unmanaged 10/100/1000Mbps Rackmountable Switch (24-Port).

I also have a Netgear 8 Port Gigabit Business-Class Desktop Switch (GS108).

I have never had any problems with either of them but I have never run benchmarking like you are describing.

Like Chris, I have a D-Link DGS-1024D Unmanaged 10/100/1000Mbps Rackmountable Switch 24-Port Green Technology near my Router in my basement. It performs wonderfully -- if you think you may ever be in the market for one keep an eye out -- they go on sale from time to time but every so often they REALLY go on sale! I used it to replace two D-Link 8Port that I had been daisy chaining.

Like Chris, I have a D-Link DGS-1024D Unmanaged 10/100/1000Mbps Rackmountable Switch 24-Port Green Technology near my Router in my basement. It performs wonderfully -- if you think you may ever be in the market for one keep an eye out -- they go on sale from time to time but every so often they REALLY go on sale! I used it to replace two D-Link 8Port that I had been daisy chaining.

I've been using the 1024d for 3 years, and I can attest to it's performance and stability...I've got several in client installs too for a couple of years.