RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Dave - Surface Storage Space

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I heard you complaining about how much space the OS and apps use on your surface so I didn't figure you could expand the storage. However, I read tonight you can add up to 64 GB via an SDXC card. Given that, what is the problem. That should be plenty, right?

One issue is that the SD card is not well integrated so it is not seamless expansion. You have to treat is a drive. It works, but you have jump through a few hoops.

One issue is that the SD card is not well integrated so it is not seamless expansion. You have to treat is a drive. It works, but you have jump through a few hoops.

Works kinda like a D: drive on a normal desktop computer?

Well that sucks. It should definitely be more integrated than that.

Well that sucks. It should definitely be more integrated than that.

Agreed. That was one of my complaints. I am about to receive another surface as a going away gift from my present job so I will be doing some more experimenting.

Agreed. That was one of my complaints. I am about to receive another surface as a going away gift from my present job so I will be doing some more experimenting.

Wow, that's some gift for leaving a job. Let us know if you find a better way.

Wow, that's some gift for leaving a job. Let us know if you find a better way.

Will do. I am anxious for a second round of the surface and hope to have much better results this time. First round was a bit shaky.... Literarily. As for the gift, yep, pretty nice parting gift but then again I have been there 12 years so I guess I deserve it. Beat the heck out of a watch...

Congrats. Must be a good opportunity to get you to leave a place you had been 12 years. Eight years ago I had a really hard time leaving a company I had only worked 7 years for.

I must be missing something. Perhaps it would be better to have the SDXC card integrated into the main storage, but what's so bad about having it act as a disk drive? Isn't that what we do with out other computers?

I must be missing something. Perhaps it would be better to have the SDXC card integrated into the main storage, but what's so bad about having it act as a disk drive? Isn't that what we do with out other computers?

Nothing bad except the fact that it can not be "easily" added to the libraries so that it can show in your photos, videos, etc. It is an after thought not integrated. You should not have to point to it every time you want to do something. I am sure that they will address it at some point.