RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
joem

Western Digital Reds 3 Terabyte

jmwills

Boo.....rebates!!!

ikon

Boo.....rebates!!!

I am just about the send in the first one I've sent in many years. Let's see if it works. My daughter tells me she isn't having issues with rebates being denied for rediculous reasons, which is what happened to me years ago, and caused me to stop doing them.

Jason

Bought 10 from Amazon. Great drives. Not a fan of Tigerdirect really...

ikon

One issue I have with TigerDirect.ca (Canadian TigerDirect) is that they ship a lot of goods from the US. The issue is that many companies will not honour warranties on products sold in a country other than the one they were intended for.

WireBoy

Ditto here- quantity 8 from Amazon.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I am just about the send in the first one I've sent in many years. Let's see if it works. My daughter tells me she isn't having issues with rebates being denied for rediculous reasons, which is what happened to me years ago, and caused me to stop doing them.

Wow, I have never had one rejected. Not even when I sent in more than I was allowed.

ikon

Wow, I have never had one rejected. Not even when I sent in more than I was allowed.

It was about 15 - 20 years ago. I sent in a few claims that were honoured, but I also got letters back from several where they claimed that I hadn't fulfilled some tiny detail of the claim requirements. On most of them I had indeed fullfilled the requirement, but they knew that most people would never fight it for a few dollars, so they figured they could deny my claim and get away with it.

I suspect many of the claim processing companies were actually saying they had paid the claim and kept the money for themselves. My father had similar experiences way back when.

The upshot was I just stopped buying anything based on MIR's.