RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Two Server Connectors at once?

joem

Is it possible to run WHS v1 and WSE 2012 connectors simultaneously? Let's say you have v1 installed and doing backups, etc. and want to connect to Essentials 2012 and use it's features also?

Yes,

You would have to uninstall the Windows Update KB981089 on your WHSv1 ( one of the things it does it to check if an other server is connected)( You will have to reboot the server and the older WHSv1 connector will be installed automatically.

Now your WHSv1 server is ready.

Uninstall the WHSv1 connector from the PC to prepare it for WS201E because the WS2012E connector checks for other connector software just as WHSv1 KB981089 does.

Now install the WS2012E connector normally.

When finished, install the WHSv1 connector from http://servername:55000 and since you uninstalled KB981089, it will ignore the WS2012E connector.

Is there a similar trick for WHS 2011 and WSE 2012?

Thanks

Do you need both connectors or just both servers and access to them

Do you need both connectors or just both servers and access to them

Not a real need, it would just be nice.

I have set up the network so I have access to both and can manage via remote but I'd like to have both connectors installed on my PC so I can easily monitor for health notices.

Not a real need, it would just be nice.

I have set up the network so I have access to both and can manage via remote but I'd like to have both connectors installed on my PC so I can easily monitor for health notices.

OK, that is what I thought. Honestly, I find the connector software to be more trouble than its worth. You might consider using one connector for the main backup server, and the health status add in for the other server (I think this will work).

Well, if you use Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials (the sister product of WHS2011), you could join it to the WS2012E domain, :P