RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Browse Shares As Guest

Mastiha

I just installed WS2012E and am trying to make my WDTV viewable on the network like I was doing with Home Server 2011. I went into security and made sure "everyone" had read acccess to the folder I created in the dashboard for my TV shows and Movies. However, I can't seem to make the folders viewable on the WDTV. I just keep getting there are no media files so I think a connection is being refused somewhere. Any help would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I finally got back to this problem. I went back to WHS2011 because of the the WDTV issue and I was waiting for Stablebit Drivepool. Since Stablebit Drivepool now has a beta for WS2012E, I decided to give this a try again. I'm running into the same problem again. I can see the server, but can't access the files on the server from the WDTV. Anyone have any ideas for me to try? I changed the workgroup name to the domain name, but that didn't seem to work. It seems others have gotten this to work, but I just can't figure it out.

There was another thread related to this a few weeks back and the issue lies within the WD file structure and not Windows.

Thanks. I'll look for that thread when I have a bit of time. It seems that some users are having success seeing the files on their WDTV. So, I think there is something I'm just not doing correctly.

I'm really having some trouble finding the appropriate thread. If it is a WD issue, will I be able to use the WD device like I've done in the past? it seems like I might have to move back to WHS2011 if I can't get this going.

If you are using the WD TV Live product... check the network settings, and IIRC, you can set up a username and password to use for network shares.