RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
capall

WD Red 2TB $109 on amazon?

capall

hi all,

i was wondering why there hasn't been any talk about the western digital red 2TB drives on amazon for $109 which sounds like a great price. There $129 on new egg and higher elsewhere. somethng wrong with amazon ??

(thinking about getting 2 as offsite backup drives)

cskenney

Nothing wrong with Amazon. No one had noticed price plus some of us were just buying 3TB drives for $99 just a week ago.

jmwills

You can get 2TB drives for $79 now...not WD Reds.....but for 30% less, I'd switch.

ikon

I wouldn't switch to WD Greens for 30% less.

jmwills

I've bought Samsung and Seagates for that price. The only drives I have RMA'd since coming home are WD's,

Dave

I wish i had the reds. Here is the Amazon Link

capall

so what 2Tb drives do you all seem to like at the moment, something of good quality, not too cheap and not enterprise. I will be running them in a microserver without raid, then using a couple more for backup

ikon

My vote is for the WD Reds.

Joe_Miner

hi all,

i was wondering why there hasn't been any talk about the western digital red 2TB drives on amazon for $109 which sounds like a great price. There $129 on new egg and higher elsewhere. somethng wrong with amazon ??

(thinking about getting 2 as offsite backup drives)

so what 2Tb drives do you all seem to like at the moment, something of good quality, not too cheap and not enterprise. I will be running them in a microserver without raid, then using a couple more for backup

Amazon had 3TB ST3000DM001's on sale last week for $89 and later $99 and Newegg was $99 for awhile. Several weeks before that Newegg had 3TB WD Red's on sale for $119

My current favorite drive is the ST3000DM001 though I recently got a 3TB WD Red for a special application.

I haven't bought 2TB's for some time. I do have 4 Western Digital WD Green WD20EARX 2TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s in my EX-487 and they have been trouble free for over a year. I also have a number of WD EADS drives that old but still going strong. YMMV.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Seagate and Samsung

Avoid WD Greens like a plague.