RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Help Can't image ACER 1810t Dynamic drive!

psych

HI All,

I noticed a tutorial on upgrading the drive of an ACER 1810T like mine on the website and I thought I might be able to get some help here. I can't seem to image the C: drive on this netbook. Perhaps this is because it is a dynamic disk? I have tried seagate diskwizard, macrium and acronis 2013 free trial software to clone it to a new segate drive but no luck. Seagate tech support couldn't help me with this after we tried for about an hour. When I use acronis the C: drive and its partitions come up grayed and with a red label saying that they are dynamic disks. Could this be the problem? Do I need to buy the full Acronis package to make this work? Is there another free option that would work?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmwills

• ikon

• Joe_Miner

• psych

Top Posters In This Topic

When I used Acronis True Image Home 2012 I had no problem cloning the 1810T's HD to an SSD and have done it successfully for HD's for other computer's too. Unfortunately I don't know of any free programs that take the place of Acronis.

See: http://homeservershow.com/updating-a-acer-1810t-laptop-with-a-crucial-m4-ssd.html

Unfortunately I don't know of any free programs that take the place of Acronis.

Well, with the possible exception of the Easeus products, and I believe there are some Live CD Linux-based products too.

When I used Acronis True Image Home 2012 I had no problem cloning the 1810T's HD to an SSD and have done it successfully for HD's for other computer's too. Unfortunately I don't know of any free programs that take the place of Acronis.

See: http://homeserversho...ial-m4-ssd.html

Well, with the possible exception of the Easeus products, and I believe there are some Live CD Linux-based products too.

Let me rephrase -- none that I have first hand, successful, experience with. YMMV.

Thanks that seems to see the drive correctly. I want to do a clone to a new drive. How do I do this to move the three partitions on my C: drive to a new larger drive. Any suggestions? Do I really need a cloning program?