RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Can't use my GoFlex Home

Rod at home

Rod at home

@HSS Legend, thank you for your reply. I've tried specifying the IP address, but that doesn't work. First I tried logging in with just my username, but the Windows login wanted to make the "domain" my PC's name, so that failed. Next I tried logging in using the IP address, like this: \\192.168.1.3\Rod, and my password, but that failed.

1. HSS Legend isn't his nickname - it's jmwills - it's in the blue bar at the top of the message :)
  2. have you tried the format \\<servername>\Rod
  3. 192.168.1.3 is your server's IP, right? I know that might seem silly, but sometimes it's good to be certain.

Rod at home

I'm sorry I've gotten jmwills nickname wrong, I didn't realize I had. Perhaps the "HSS Genius" is a designation of one's ranking on Home Server Show forums, as in jmwills has answers many questions in the forums and thus is a genius (?). I've tried using the format \\<servername>\Rod, but haven't been successful. The IP address 192.168.1.3 is for the GoFlex Home external HD. (As an aside, I'm still trying to get used to this forum's message composing functionality. Not being able to make my own paragraphs is strange.)

Shift + Enter makes new paragraphs (just as in Facebook)

See if you can use this syntax to connect:

\\192.168.1.3\nameofshare where "name of share" is the default shared name of the WD folder