RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

N40L and Window Shares

wally3218

I'm using a N40L with Windows 7 Pro as the OS and am having trouble connecting to the window shares

Trying to connect my WDTV SMP to my shares and it keeps saying wrong login/password even tho I'm not using any I can see the N40L but cant get into the shared folders.

Have turned off all hibernation and shut down settings in Windows 7 everything works ok after turning the N40L off and back on again is there any bio settings that might be causing this problem.

I'm using a N40L with Windows 7 Pro as the OS and am having trouble connecting to the window shares

Trying to connect my WDTV SMP to my shares and it keeps saying wrong login/password even tho I'm not using any I can see the N40L but cant get into the shared folders.

Have turned off all hibernation and shut down settings in Windows 7 everything works ok after turning the N40L off and back on again is there any bio settings that might be causing this problem.

So is it working or not? Is the problem that it works right after a reboot but them stops working over time?

BTW, can you tell me what a WDTV SMP is? I have a WDTV Live, but am not familiar with SMP.

There are Share Permissions and Security Permissions on folders. Think of Share Permissions as being able to walk down a street and see all the stores. Security Permissions would allow you to enter the store.

So, set the Share Permissions "Everyone" to Full Control and then Everyone to Full Control on the Security Permissions to start and then you can go more granular as needed.

WDTV SMP is a WD TV Live Streaming Media Player

Havent used any default shares, I havent setup a Homegroup do I need too.

Am only using a Home Network with shared folders on 2nd HDD with full permission for Everyone.

Not using any passwords. If I cant get access to my shared folders on my WDTV only way is to turn off and back on the N40L which then lets me have access.

This maybe a WDTV problem as others in the Western Digital Community have had similar problems. So for now I just have to use the OFF and ON again method.

The part about power cycling the N40L is what's got me perplexed. It's weird.

Thats why I thought it might be a setting in bios.

But seeing other WDTV users are having similar problems with Window 7 shares means its a Windows problem.