RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

$70.39 HD HomeRun with Promo #EMCJJHF55

Joe_Miner

bluecrush4x4

I missed the Black Friday deal, but they are still priced right. Is the Home run Dual at $69 a better value over the Homerun Prime at $139? I'm

interested in picking one of these up. I'm late to the show with my research. The prime has 3 channels over 2, and looks like you need to put a

card in the back. I currently have Comcast. Sorry if this is a noob question. Thanks Much!

I missed the Black Friday deal, but they are still priced right. Is the Home run Dual at $69 a better value over the Homerun Prime at $139? I'm

interested in picking one of these up. I'm late to the show with my research. The prime has 3 channels over 2, and looks like you need to put a

card in the back. I currently have Comcast. Sorry if this is a noob question. Thanks Much!

The Prime can accept a cablecard. The other one only does OTA or unencrypted QAM (cable). If you plan to use with with cable and your provider requires cablecard then get the Prime.

bluecrush4x4

I will have to call Comcast to see if the Prime will work in Denver area. If so, I'll go that way. Thanks for the input.

• 2 weeks later...
bluecrush4x4

OK, got the Home run Prime. It only took two days on the phone @ 2 hours each...... but I got it running. Just started playing with it and seams to work

pretty good. Don't know why it was such a challenge for Comcast to get it going. Tech guy at first said, " oh, I can't help you with that" but after a bit, we

were best buds and I think he is in the market for one now. Also turned him on to this podcast.

geek-accountant

I skipped calling customer service and went to the Direct Support forum on dslreports.com for my cable provider (Charter). They had it running the next day with only two messages. First message was to tell him what I needed, second was to answer his question for some specific info. Worked great. Now I just need to pick up a second Prime and I can cut 2 of our 3 Tivo's out. :)