RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

New HTPC build - getting close to perfection (for me)

mar2k

Anyone else build with any of the HD-Plex cases? I love it! I can remember way back when I first saw Media Center how much I wanted it, but at the time these were getting built with Pentium 4 - yikes! Intel was proposing the BTX form factor just to deal with the heat issues - a distant memory thank goodness. Fast forward to today and I have built a completely fanless HTPC which runs nice and cool.

WP_000522.jpg

DSC_0071-rs.jpg

I will, but I am going to have to look them all up. just did a quick post last night. Also, I should have embedded the images in my post rather than as attachments.

Anyone else build with any of the HD-Plex cases? I love it! I can remember way back when I first saw Media Center how much I wanted it, but at the time these were getting built with Pentium 4 - yikes! Intel was proposing the BTX form factor just to deal with the heat issues - a distant memory thank goodness. Fast forward to today and I have built a completely fanless HTPC which runs nice and cool.

very sharp, inpressed :)

$270 would be a great price

That's for just the chassis. They do produce nice chassis, but it's double or more than I pay for most of the ones I've bought.

I'll have the parts list up later today. Yes, a little pricey, but once its built and you can't even hear it running you feel like you got a bargain... Its the ultimate bedroom HTPC... Displaying HD television content through Media Center its about 28-30W on the Kill-A-Watt.

Keep in mind that mentally I'm pricing this out against a TiVo Premiere XL 4 with Lifetime Service that would run $800 or $900 depending on whether you are an existing TiVo customer or not.