RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Recorded TV HD

Dave

The DMZ posted a deal on Recorded TV HD for Windows Media Center. Black Friday deal is 50% off. Anyone using this and recommend it? Looks great and in a live show chat someone mentioned that 2012 Essentials and Media Center are not playing together. IE, auto transferring a recorded show to Windows Home Server like v1 and 2011 will do. I swear they said that Recorded TV HD would do it.

The DMZ posted a deal on Recorded TV HD for Windows Media Center. Black Friday deal is 50% off. Anyone using this and recommend it? Looks great and in a live show chat someone mentioned that 2012 Essentials and Media Center are not playing together. IE, auto transferring a recorded show to Windows Home Server like v1 and 2011 will do. I swear they said that Recorded TV HD would do it.

I use RecordedTvHD on a Windows 8 pro with Media center PC along with a HDhomerun HDHR3 Tuner and works great. I would recommend RecordedTvHD again and again I bought the family pack and don't regret at all. as for mediacenter and WS2012E I have no problems with media center seeing my music and tv thru mediacenter (all stored and streamed from WS2012E)

Never even heard of this product until now... but it looks interesting. Does it work with extenders or native W7 WMC only?

Just checked his site and he says yes http://www.recordedtvhd.com/forum/ when I searched his forum I found this comment from Mark on Apr 05 2011; The Recorded TV HD interface is actually optimized for extenders. Most plugins for Windows Media Center will have an added border along the outside when viewed on an extender. Recorded TV HD tries to eliminate or minimize that border along the outside to fill your entire screen while using an extender.

P.S 15$ for a Household license is great price

On Black Friday Recorded TV HD will be 50% off.

Single License will be $10

Whole Household License will be $15