RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

My new DS1812+

Don W

I recently bought a DS1812+ and am wondering if anyone knows any cool Synology user web sites that explain what all you can do with the Synology unit. I currently use it as a backup device and file server but I know it can do way more.

Thanks

Don

• 10 months later...

I have a feeling the Synology Group here is going to grow, :)    I myself have both the DS1513+ and Synology N2 and totally love them... agreed there is more to learn I have only cracked the shell :)

something I forgot to mention,   I upgraded the default ram 2GB 1066 to 4GB 1333,  works great

I recently bought a DS1812+ and am wondering if anyone knows any cool Synology user web sites that explain what all you can do with the Synology unit. I currently use it as a backup device and file server but I know it can do way more.

Thanks

Don

Congrats on your new DS1812. I have a DS213+ and now a DS1812+ and I love these unites. I am using mine to record 8 survalance cameras out of those 8 five of them are mine and 3 of them are my daughters from her place and it works great!! I also use the Synology mail server for my email, DNS sever and that works great. I am going to setup the Synology vpn server soon as well. I think the best way to learn about what you can do with Synology is just open the package center and look at all the apps and if you see one you like or you want to know more about it just click on it and it will give you more info. Synology has one of the best help systems around so there is no shortage of info. Good Luck and enjoy!!

I have a feeling the Synology Group here is going to grow, :)    I myself have both the DS1513+ and Synology N2 and totally love them... agreed there is more to learn I have only cracked the shell :)

something I forgot to mention,   I upgraded the default ram 2GB 1066 to 4GB 1333,  works great

Greg, I could not agree with you more

Edited by Mr Fixit

I used Patriot Signature 4GB PC3-10600 (1333 MHz) DDR3 SODIMM Notebook Memory PSD34G13332S   its on Amazon for $34.99