RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
MAD4TECH

Can't gain access to remote web access

ikon

I checked the manual for your router. Since you already know how to disable UPnP, I'll skip that.

If you post a pic of the Advanced/Port Forwarding page that shows in your version of the firmware we can see what fields it has and what needs to put into them.

BTW, it wasn't your fault: you typed the URL correctly. jmwills & I both read it wrong :wacko:

MAD4TECH

I checked the manual for your router. Since you already know how to disable UPnP, I'll skip that.

If you post a pic of the Advanced/Port Forwarding page that shows in your version of the firmware we can see what fields it has and what needs to put into them.

BTW, it wasn't your fault: you typed the URL correctly. jmwills & I both read it wrong :wacko:

Hi ikon her is the info

PortForwading.jpg

Firmware.jpg

D-LinkFirmware.jpg

i have found a update for the route so i am guessing you will want me to do a up date first?

i am sorry to be rude but it is 01:30 am hear in the UK so i have got work in the morrning got to get my head down

thank you so much agane will speak soon :)

Edited by MAD4TECH

ikon

I would not upgrade the firmware yet. Since UPnP works, let's get the manual port forwarding working first.

Put your server's IP into the Private IP box.

Enter 443 into the Public Start Port box.

Enter 443 into the Public End Port box too.

We need to see what choices are available in the Protocol Type and Connections dropdowns to know what to select.

No need to apologise for going to bed dude. Just respond when you have time.

• Like 1

jmwills

These three ports need to be forwarded: 80-443-4125

• Like 1

ikon

I have 443 & 4125 forwarded, but not 80. 'Course, I never connect remotely except via RDP or HTTPS. Perhaps port 80 is only needed if you want to allow people ot connect via HTTP?

• Like 1

jmwills

That;s what the Microsoft Bible says.

• Like 1

MAD4TECH

That;s what the Microsoft Bible says.

I have 443 & 4125 forwarded, but not 80. 'Course, I never connect remotely except via RDP or HTTPS. Perhaps port 80 is only needed if you want to allow people ot connect via HTTP?

I would not upgrade the firmware yet. Since UPnP works, let's get the manual port forwarding working first.

Put your server's IP into the Private IP box.

Enter 443 into the Public Start Port box.

Enter 443 into the Public End Port box too.

We need to see what choices are available in the Protocol Type and Connections dropdowns to know what to select.

No need to apologise for going to bed dude. Just respond when you have time.

Hi guys

I did the Port Forwarding seemed to work ok but then I get a router error (router not working)??

PortForwadingset.jpg

This was the only protocol that worked.

routernotworking.jpg

UPnP.jpg

Edited by MAD4TECH

jmwills

Those should be TCP ports

• Like 1

ikon

The 'router not working' message is normal in WHS after you disable UPnP. The WHS wizard depends on UPnP, unfortunately. UPnP is dangerous to your security.

I'm a little surprised that you say it works with the Protocol set to UDP. Normally it should be set to TCP, or Both. Mine are all set to TCP. Only a very small number of applications need UDP.

• Like 1

MAD4TECH

Those should be TCP ports

The 'router not working' message is normal in WHS after you disable UPnP. The WHS wizard depends on UPnP, unfortunately. UPnP is dangerous to your security.

I'm a little surprised that you say it works with the Protocol set to UDP. Normally it should be set to TCP, or Both. Mine are all set to TCP. Only a very small number of applications need UDP.

Hi ikon and jmwills

On the protocol type the (all) option did not work so tried TCP but no luck?? So then tried UDP is this ok or does it have to be TCP??