RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
MAD4TECH

Can't gain access to remote web access

MAD4TECH

MAD4TECH, I tried the credentials you gave me, but I can't log on. Perhaps you forgot to give that ID remote web access?

As far as your g/f goes, I'm not sure why she can't get the login page. This may seem silly but, just to be sure, your g/f tried your outside internet address, right, not your server's IP?

Have you gotten her to try to ping your URL? I get 173.160.132.81 when I ping commandcenter.homeserver.com.

Hi i forgot to Enable UPnP back on will that afect you loging in ???

jmwills

Something has changed with his port forwarding. i am getting directed to the router now.

ikon

Hi i forgot to Enable UPnP back on will that afect you loging in ???

Hmmm, my immediate reaction is to say, "No", because I'm able to get to the login page. That should mean that the route to your server is working, so there should be no need for UPnP to do anything. Guys, do you concur?

MAD4TECH

Hmmm, my immediate reaction is to say, "No", because I'm able to get to the login page. That should mean that the route to your server is working, so there should be no need for UPnP to do anything. Guys, do you concur?

hear is a screen shot of user acount thanks ikon :)

ikon.jpg

ikon

Something has changed with his port forwarding. i am getting directed to the router now.

I get a login popup saying "The server commandcenter.homeserver.com at rlwcs-router requires a username and password". Are you suspecting that we're getting the prompt from the router rather than the server?

jmwills

That's what I get. Something has changed becasue I could get to his logon screen before.

ikon

hear is a screen shot of user acount thanks ikon :)

Perhaps you should re-enable UPnP and do the tests on WHS to ensure there are no errors with it, then I will try again.

That's what I get. Something has changed becasue I could get to his logon screen before.

Did you? Interesting. I've only ever gotten the popup I described. I don't normally use RWA so I forget what the login page looks like. Is it similar to V1; you know, the one with the picture of the family on a picnic?

jmwills

No, this one had a pic of two people, one the girlfriend I presume. I know it is Port 443, because that is the only port I can use form work, over a secure network to get to my server.

He needs to verify port forwarding against the current IP address of the server.

ikon

No, this one had a pic of two people, one the girlfriend I presume. I know it is Port 443, because that is the only port I can use form work, over a secure network to get to my server.

He needs to verify port forwarding against the current IP address of the server.

You got me curious. I just connected to my own WHS2011 web page and it shows a login page that has `Windows Home Server 2011, Remote Web Access' above the credentials boxes. So, indeed, we're not getting to MAD4TECH's server. As you say, it's most likely a login for his router. Obviously, the port forwarding issues have to get resolved first.

jmwills

My guess is the IP address changed.