RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
MAD4TECH

Can't gain access to remote web access

MAD4TECH

Hi all

I have a problem with gene access to remote web access in my web browser I am new to WHS so I am sorry if I am being stupid lol

i have set up remote web access and set my domain name it shows remote web access is available in server settings but when I click on the domain name link it goes on to Firefox and shows

(The sever https://************.homesever.com is taking to long to respond) I have tried this from my laptop to and shows Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at https://*************.homeserver.com.

I have Enabled UPnP on my router not to shore what else I can do?? Could it be another route setting that I have not enabled??

My route is a DSL-2640RIGD D-Link

Can anyone help me?? :unsure:

WHSScreenshot.jpg

WHS Screenshot.jpg

Edited by MAD4TECH

ikon

Are you trying to connect from inside your LAN, or outside?

• Like 1

cskenney

Not that it matters but it this WHSv1 or 2011? Looks like a 2011 screen shot above but you placed it into the v1 sub-forum.

MAD4TECH

Are you trying to connect from inside your LAN, or outside?

Hi my WHS is connected to my home router with a RJ45 cable and my laptop is also connected to the same router using wireless connection it has got the Launchpad installed.

Thanks for the reply :)

Not that it matters but it this WHSv1 or 2011? Looks like a 2011 screen shot above but you placed it into the v1 sub-forum.

oops sorry my bad! just stresing trying to get this working :wacko: lol yes it is WHS 2011

Edited by MAD4TECH

cskenney

I moved your topic to the correct forum. Do not start duplicate topics in other forums. I have placed this one where it belongs. You need to be a little patient. It may take a day or so for people to respond.

MAD4TECH

I moved your topic to the correct forum. Do not start duplicate topics in other forums. I have placed this one where it belongs. You need to be a little patient. It may take a day or so for people to respond.

Thank you :)

ikon

I'm not sure you understood my question. When I asked whether you were trying to connection from inside your LAN, or outside, I meant are you connected to your local network while you're trying to connect to your server, or are your outside our house somewhere, trying to access from some other network?

jmwills

There are some routers on the market that do not handle the internal comms required for remote desktop from the WHS perspective. Try to do it manually from the client (not using the dashboard) and see if you can get in.

MAD4TECH

I'm not sure you understood my question. When I asked whether you were trying to connection from inside your LAN, or outside, I meant are you connected to your local network while you're trying to connect to your server, or are your outside our house somewhere, trying to access from some other network?

Hi thanks for the reply.

I am sorry I am not that good with networking and using routers I will try my best to explain yes I am connected to my local network/router all of my pc / laptop are connected to it.

I got my girlfriend to try to connect to it she lives miles/kilometres away I assume that is called accessing it from outside the network?? Is it some think to do with my router settings??

thanks for the help :)

jmwills

Not the settings, just the inability of the router to handle that type of functio for the WHS app. By the way, turn in UPnP. It's a security risk you do not need running.