RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Add-In for UPS?

joem

Nope, definitely not. Alexander Kent, the guy that wrote GridJunction originally has completely abandoned the WHS platform. So unless somebody tries to make a new one from scratch...

• 2 weeks later...

I know that some people using APC UPS's have installed PowerChute.

Looks like there is a version for Server 2012 available.

edit - looks like the Server 2012 is Network shutdown.

The personal edition lists that it works with WHS2011.

Here is a post about using it. http://www.wegotserved.com/2012/04/11/apc-powerchute-personal-edition-supporting-windows-home-server-v1-2011-ups-management/

I just installed PowerChute Personal Edition 3.0.2 on Server 2012 Essentials, and it appears to work fine with my APC BackUPS ES 750, even though APC hasn't documented it as supported. I tried PowerChute Business Edition, and found it to be highly overcomplicated for a home server; Personal just looks like a better option for a home environment.

You will need to add the .NET 3.5 feature from Server Manager prior to install (this includes .NET 2.0, which is required by the APC software). And of course, you'll need an APC UPS.

If you have another brand (e.g., TrippLite), they've got their own software for download. I'd probably look for whatever product states Windows 8 x64 compatibility.

Edited by LoneWolf

• 2 weeks later...

Microsoft dropped their nice-n-easy UPS support after Server 2003/2003R2, sadly. You need to go through your vendor now for software.

Glad you found the product you needed.