RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
ImTheTypeOfGuy

Speaking of Drobo

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I saw a post about ventilation for a Drobo and it made me remember something that is bugging me. The dollar signs every time Drobo is mentioned is tiring. It is time to get past it and get over it. With everything they have done to support Dave and us, the community, we really should support them and not make negative comments. Sure, negative comments are fine if it is meant to improve a product but flashing dollar signs does not.

Sorry for getting on a soap box. I have just tired of it, kind of like when my kids won't quit fighting.

So I challenge you to support Drobo.

tojoski

I never really considered it a negative comment towards Drobo... yes they are expensive but I'm sure they make good products.

I think it has developed into a HSS meme, almost like the pop tarts, LOL

jmwills

I don't think anyone has knocked their product or the performance. Many have thanked them for their support. That being said, the product is expensive.

ikon

I'm afraid I agree with tojoski & jmwills. I don't think anyone is disparaging Drobo. I certainly thank them for their support of HSS. I just think it's a little too 'PC' to start asking people to say, or not say, something (and I hate 'PC').

jmwills

(and I hate 'PC')

Yea, I knew you were a MAC guy all along! :)

Dave

I have to agree with all of you including ITTOG. It does get old. I understand where you are coming from. Sometimes you wake up and read something for the Nth time and you just say enough, "that pisses me off." Happens to all of us but it just so happens that I have a podcast in which to air my rant. You guys have this, the forums.

Agreeing with tojoski, I honestly think that most folks throw out the "$$$" to tease @jcollison and not to do it out of pure spite. Most that do it have grown with Jim and I over the years and we are good friends. Drobo supports the heck out of this site and podcast and I try to be respectful yet objective at the same time.

I won't tell anyone what they can and cannot say about gear in the HSS forums, however, I do ask that you do it in a respectful manner. You don't have to like the products but you can be respectful to those that do and to other members of this community. Geez, I sound like an old school marm! You guys know all that stuff.

So, it's crap or it's good crap! And you guys rock. ;)

ikon

(and I hate 'PC')

Yea, I knew you were a MAC guy all along! :)

Well, it is possible to hate 'PC' but still like/love Windows. I like Windows; they let a lot of light in ;)

Joe_Miner

Well, the N40L's are good crap, as is the Drobo's, and the iOS's -- just keep the Pop Tarts (strawberry w/frosting) coming!

ikon

just keep the Pop Tarts (strawberry w/frosting) coming!

You can have all of my strawberry poptarts (and anything else strawberry for that matter). :D

Dave

Pssssstttt.....Wanna know a secret?

I'm a no frosting guy.

Shhhhhhhhhh