RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

0x807000B error when trying to update???

t_hutch

I'm trying to update my windows home server with power pack 3. I started by using windows home server console. That failed to download the updates. I then tried windows update from IE directly on the server. I receive the error 0x8007000B. I have searched all knowledge base articles and related posts and tried a number of remedies. Nothing has helped. Also, many of the remedies did not apply to WHS. PLEASE HELP!!!

I tried both. I went through and deleted the windows update cache and I've restarted multiple times both before and after deleting.

What bothers me is this is a fairly new WHS. I installed this about 2 weeks ago. It had no problem updating when I installed initially.

I assume this is a home build WHS? How many add-ins have you installed in two weeks? Have you tried backing those add-ins out?

You might want to start backing up your data now in prep for a rebuild.

Just some thoughts.

How did you install it? I'm wondering if you can roll back to PP1 and then install PP2 and then PP3. Just an idea. Hopefully others can chime in with some other thoughts.

It sounds like you are "stuck ink the middle" of the update. If you have a video card (or onboard graphics) in your server, you may need to do a "hard" shut down and then connect a mouse, keyboard, monitor, and lan cable. If you happen to have one or more external drives, as part of the pool, they must be connected also. Pull the plug or switch the power supply off before adding peripherals.

If at this point the server will boot, go to settings and click on the "Update Now" button and let it churn.

After the update, if it does, go to a client and open your browser. Enter "http://servername:55000" into the browser address bar to see a page called Windows Home Server Connector Setup. Click the link to download the connector software.