RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
cskenney

Big, Big Drobo Giveaway

cskenney

It's not really a deal (unless your name is drawn). Drobo is doing a giveaway.

Enter for a chance to win a Drobo Mini or Drobo 5D every week starting now AND $2013 on December 31!

Big, Big Drobo Giveaway.

Disclaimer....I am in no way associated with Drobo.....I just want to WIN!!!!

awraynor

Caught your link on Twitter, thanks for sharing.

jmwills

Thanks for the link.

jsox

Entered!

Mr_Smartepants

.....I just want to WIN!!!!

If that were REALLY true, you wouldn't have posted the info/link in order to reduce the total number of applicants and further increase your personal odds of winning! ;)

...entered!...Thanks for the link!

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

jmwills

$$$$$$$$$$ could go to :D

jcollison

You know I am in!

cskenney

If that were REALLY true, you wouldn't have posted the info/link in order to reduce the total number of applicants and further increase your personal odds of winning! ;)

...entered!...Thanks for the link!

I have won a couple big items in the past (My EX-458 Server and a Thecus home server). I like to spread the wealth (so to speak) so I don't mind giving everyone in our forums the same chance as me. Hopefully someone from the forums wins.

jazzerjay

Absolutely, thanks!

Greg Welch

did I forget to say,, I'M IN

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• JROrtiz
      By JROrtiz
      I've been banging my head for a few days now trying to figure this out and I've run out of ideas. Hoping the very intelligent crew here can help me out.

I have a Drobo 5N and a Synology RS816 on my network, both of which have been working without issue for quite some time now. I've always connected to both via Windows Explorer by simply going to the network address i.e., \\N5 and \\SYN (sample names). 

I recently got a new desktop which is where the issues are coming up. When I try to go to \\N5, it results in a message saying it cannot find that location. However, \\SYN works just fine. What's strange is that I can see and manage the Drobo through the Drobo Dashboard software. What could be preventing Windows from seeing the Drobo on the network? 

I've already enabled the SMB 1.x protocol, ensured the workgroup names are the same, rebooted both the machine and the Drobo, made sure network sharing is enabled, and even did a fresh install to ensure that some program I installed didn't cause the issue. Every other machine I have can access the Drobo without issue. It's just this new desktop, and everything is running Windows 10.

Another strange phenomenon that I discovered is that if I go to "\\DROBO" (verbatim, not a sample name) it leads me to the Synology. Where is Windows getting the mapping from that it is directing that address to the Synology?

This is driving me nuts so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    • Dave
      By Dave
      I really enjoyed this one. I hope you do as well. From the blog:

We are here to announce a new add-in for Windows Home Server 2011 but a simple mention of “Drive Extender” leads us down the path of talking about Drive Bender and StableBit for quite some time. We hit the news and it’s not all home server this week. There is so much in this episode you might have to listen twice!
      WHS Drobo Status by Ross Dargan
      WHS Download Manager
      Drive Bender update
      Netstor RAID review
      Office 365 for SBS 2011
      WebDAV support for WHS
      Home Server Status
      ISO Mounter Add-In
      Synology DS712+
      New/Old HP Slate for Windows
      Automatically start applications when WHS starts
      Airplay for Windows 7 and Media Center http://funky-factory.blogspot.com/
    • awraynor
      By awraynor
      I saw Dave's tweet on his BYTE article and headed on over to read it:http://www.informati...31602028?pgno=1.

On the third page I noticed some software screenshots that I had seen before:
      http://www.altaro.co...up/screenshots.

I use the Altaro products and have found them to be a good "Time Machine" for Windows.
      I guess Drobo liked them too.