RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
vinylfreak

Refurbished WD 3TB Green Drive NewEgg $114.99 Free Shipping

Dave

Here come the refurb discussions!

jmwills

Heck, I'm a refurb....so let the discussions begin! Nothing wrong with refurbs.

ikon

I'm not only a refurb, I'm a re-tread! :D

vinylfreak

While I have never bought a refurb Hard Drive , I am a big fan of refurb CE product. At that price its worth a shot. If only I had $$$$ =(

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Interesting that you are all pro refurb on WD green. I could understand it on a black or any quality drive, but a green isn't worth it when it is brand new.

eagle63

Interesting that you are all pro refurb on WD green. I could understand it on a black or any quality drive, but a green isn't worth it when it is brand new.

+1. I've had lots of green drives fail. I'm not sure if I've even had one make it longer than 6 months. :)

vinylfreak

I currently have 6 WD Green 2TB drives running in a Raid 5 , that started out as my WHS ver. 1 box , and are now part of my WHS 2011 box , that are still chugging along, (Without Issue) for over 4 years now.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I currently have 6 WD Green 2TB drives running in a Raid 5 , that started out as my WHS ver. 1 box , and are now part of my WHS 2011 box , that are still chugging along, (Without Issue) for over 4 years now.

Chugging is the key word here. I have Seagate drives that are screaming along still. ;)

ikon

Chugging is the key word here. I have Seagate drives that are screaming along still. ;)

As you know, I'm with you on the Green drives, but, if they're running fast enough for vinylfreak I say, "What the heck".