RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Mgriz

Slow Transfer Speeds to Server from Client

Mgriz

Good Afternoon,

I just got my server up and running with Windows Server 2011. Everything seams to be working just fine except for transferring files from my Win7 client.. As an example I moved a file that was about 1mb in size from the client to a folder on the server, it took over a minute and locked up multiple times (window said not responding). However if I pull that file back from the server to the client it is a seemingly instantaneous transfer (60+ mb/s). How can I get 60 mb/s going from the server to the client and less than 1kb/s going the other way? Thanks for any light you may be able to shine on this...!

jmwills

Search the forums for a thread from a couple of days ago about disabling SMB

ikon

Also, you could be suffering from bad network cabling. This is exactly the symptom you get if one of the 2 pairs is not functioning properly, but the other one is.

As a test, I recommend connecting the client directly to the server with a known good patch cable and trying the file copy again. This is exactly why I like having a good cable tester on hand.

Drashna Jaelre

http://forum.wegotse...irregularities/

Try that link. It's based off of a few years of troubleshooting all sort of networking issues. While it's originally for v1, I've found it helps with every version of Windows in general.

Edited by Drashna (WGS)