RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

IF you are running Server 2012 Essentials ...

Drashna Jaelre

Or even SBS2011E, then it may be a good idea to subscribe and read Susan Bradley's blog.

Namely, that it may be a good idea to disable SMB signing on your server if you're getting poor performance on network shares.

http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2012/10/25/disable-smb-signing-on-windows-2012-essentials.aspx

Very good point. I've been following Susan on Twitter and find myself constantly saving links to her posts!

I can't decide if s2012e is for me or not. I am not concerned about a domain but it seems every time you turn around there is a tweak you have to implement to make it work well in a home environment.

I haven't heard anyone talk about s2012 enterprise. Is it not in technet?

That's just Regular Server 2012, AFAIK. So unless you are hosting more than 32 GIG RAM in one machine, you don't need it,.

there is server 2012 standard which allows you two VM's. Then there is server 2012 enterprise which is unlimited VM's.

Maybe there is no limit on the VM's then and it is with your license. I am talking from the perspective of my enterprise agreement with Microsoft so it must only allow two VM's.

• 2 weeks later...

Foundation also doesn't contain *any* of the Colorado code, aka the client backup, the dashboard, the connector, the website, etc. It is a super slim version of Windows Server.