RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

how do you back up your HP Microserver?

Really odd because you propose to use a system that stands its drives on their side.

Icy Dock MB971SP-B

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ikon

• capall

• jmwills

• a15457

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry guys, what I meant was, lets say you had the server in an office, there might be a danger that the drive standing vertical from a toaster might get knocked over, vs a drive lying horizontal in an enclosure on top of the server or on the table beside it. The sealed enclosures also tend to have rubber feet to reduce the risk of it slipping off the table.

These are stable devices and why would the server be out in the open for all to access? Not being critical, just pointing out the obvious, or what is to me.

I have my relative's toaster sitting on top of an Acer H340 in their front office; no issues. The toasters are reasonably solid & hefty. What you could do, as an extra measure, is get some double-sided tape and secure the toaster to the top of the server or countertop beside it.

fair enough, though I'm an Irish ex-rugby player, and tend to have awkward tendencies, hence the preference to have them nailed down as much as possible, hehe

That Icy Dock above looks pretty cool, could use it for the rotating 2.5" drives quite nicely, and also house the 3.5" drive for the local backup, 2x sata ports at the back though, microserver has only one esata though, and is IDE unless the bios is flashed. Must see if i can get something similar with USB connections.

thanks

thankfully I was spared the head knocks, it was the after game pints that took care of that :D