RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Office 2013 RTM now on TechNET & MSDN

Joe_Miner

Office 2013, Sharepoint 2013, Visio 2013, Exchange 2013, and Project 2013 bits now out on TechNET and MSDN.

Edited by Joe_Miner

It's more metro.

And you lose some features, like the "look up bar" thing. Oh, and more integration with "The Cloud". Oh, and they try to hide the option to register with a product key. It's a small link. On a page with two HUGE button/panel/things for logging into consumer or education accounts for Office 365. Kinda like they want to force you to use that instead of a product key. But I *may* be reading into things.

Edited by Drashna (WGS)

Why would I want a local installed program to have more integration with the cloud? Isn't Office 365 built for that?

Microsofts agenda to push everything to the cloud, as well as most other companies, doesn't match up with business roadmaps yet. Their incessant push to the cloud annoys me.

I understand "what" they are trying to do, the point I was trying to make is why purchase Office 13 for Cloud Integration when you can get an App for that. Most companies will want tight control over where their data resides.

The argument will probably be that if you are running Office 2007 you need to upgrade but not if you are on 2010, which was the argument with 2010. Budgets are tight so I don;t see much movement on this.