RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Data Recovery Software

awraynor

@ikon. Absolutely everything. Bills, correspondence, plane tickets, receipts, auto repair bills, you name it. Once in a while the copies come in handy. Get Data Back has finished and apparently the documents I worried about weren't in the shares anyway. So no need to purchase it, but at least I know they weren't there and are on SkyDrive instead. Am I the only one that can't use the enter key while posting?

@ikon. Absolutely everything. Bills, correspondence, plane tickets, receipts, auto repair bills, you name it. Once in a while the copies come in handy.

LOL, that's funny. I recently started doing the same thing. Unfortunately, I bought a ScanSnap scanner. The scanner is nice enough. I just didn't realize there is no TWAIN driver for the ScanSnap series. :(

I was/am using a BulletScan S300 on Windows 7 and it works great with PaperPort. It however just won't work on Windows 8. I just bought a ScanSnap i1300 and have yet to take it out of the box and have probably waited too long to return it with being gone so much lately. How do lack of TWAIN drivers give you a problem? I don't really use any other programs to scan except PaperPort or the included program for the S300 and the ScanSnap software can be made to work with PaperPort.

I don't use PaperPort. I did try it many years ago and didn't like it. Right now, I'm using the Fujitsu ScanSnap Manager for scanning, and the ScanSnap Organizer for cataloging the documents. it's OK, but not great. I would like something better.

I might have to take another look at PaperPort, but the advantage of using a TWAIN compatible scanner is that it will work with virtually any software.

If I had my druthers, I'd get a Canon scanner. They seem to be very highly rated.

I just checked and I ordered the ScanSnap on September 8, guess that's past the 30 day return period! I understand the attraction of TWAIN, but I will only use it with PaperPort or

with the included software. The NewSoft software with my BulletsScan is "very" similar to PaperPort, but doesn't include the editing features of PP. Guess I need to get around to

using the ScanSnap and check out the included software. I mainly just scan in, organize in folders and that's it. The ability to enhance, crop, rotate etc. is pretty decent in PP.

I use my Epson Perfection V500 for photos and it works very well for that. Mike Howard loves FileCenter and I only recently realized there is a Lite version of it. However, the pro

version has a couple of features that I use and is included in PP by default. However the price difference between Standard and Pro is pretty steep.

I also bought this particular version of the ScanSnap because it is compatible with the Mac and I do dabble on the dark side.

http://www.lucion.co...nter-matrix.php