RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Data Recovery Software

awraynor

Not really sure what tanked my 2011 install, but one day it wouldn't get past the BIOS.

It is installed anew and running well and I'm now going through the tweaking process.

I thought my Shares were basically duplicated on Win 8 in Storage Spaces, but I'm not entirely sure now. Some are in Sky Drive and all may be, but i'm not entirely sure.

Recuva found many files, but as a list of 500k single items. I am trying Get My Data Back and it has 20 hours to go still. Does anyone know of a software that can recover not only files, but the files in their original folder structure?

Sorry, I have no answers but I want to tell you that I had good luck with GetDataBack (runtime.org). I want to say it recovered folder structure but it's been a couple years so I don't really remember. It took about a day to recover all the files on the drive, 16,000+ photos and a few vids.

After 21 hours it made it to 96% and the program stopped responding. Well guess I will start all over

and check back tomorrow. I probably have the data in SkyDrive, but since I am not entirely sure I'll

give it another try. Glad they give a free trial.

Did it perhaps top because it reached the trial version's limit?

Update: just checked Get My Data Back site. It says it will show the files, but won't allow them to be saved until a license is purchased.

Yes, I'm running it through to make sure it can recover before I hand over the $70. The sad thing is I probably have them on my main PC

and/or in SkyDrive, I just can't be sure. The free products can find some of them, I just don't want to sort through 500K files to see

what is important or not. This time around I will make sure my important docs are in SkyDrive, my PC and on my shares.

I have changed my backup schema to where docs are on SkyDrive, Music is on the Amazon Cloud Drive, recent data on Dropbox and

all of it is in Crash Plan. This of course doesn't count what is on my main PC and on the WHS either in shares or in a client backup.

I use and love Evernote, I just wish it had the ability to recursively search a series of folders and not just a solitary folder. I scan practically

everything, and use a series of hierarchical folders that makes sense to me. Haven't been able to get used to a single folder that you only

search from.

Have you tried easeUS data recovery? It has a free and paid version, and i've had lots of luck with their products in general.