RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
JerryW

Home Server Status WS2012E

tekguru

Not a problem, glad to test it out.

... of course if you do feel the need to experiment with a WHS2011 build that has the Windows 8 improvements in I'm more than happy to test :)

tekguru

Well I'm now running Essentials 2012 and I'm glad to report that 3.08 seems to be working fine for me on my Win 8 PC.

Question though as my wife is using Win 7 which version should I install on her PC?

tekguru

Jerry, now running version 3.08 as advised, but had to disable it as over the last couple of nights backup runs it had stopped displaying the percentage completion on the backup, appeared to freeze and was taking over 242Mb of memory in task manager.

Thoughts?

THZ

Hello

I am using HSS 3.0.8 which works on the Windows 8 client, but when I rightclick the tray icon the program always stops responding. I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL it, and restart it again, and then it works.

JerryW

Well I'm now running Essentials 2012 and I'm glad to report that 3.08 seems to be working fine for me on my Win 8 PC.

Question though as my wife is using Win 7 which version should I install on her PC?

3.09 (latest revision and if you have auto-updating on, should be notified, if not, check for updates) works with Win7 and Win8, with Windows Essentials 2012. It will not work with WHS 2011.

What's New in Version 3.09

• FIXED: Problem causing backup status to not appear when hovering over icon while using the taskbar button and classic tray icon

I will have to look into the memory problem. I haven't seen that happening on my end but it would not surprise me.

Edited by JerryW

cge

Hi Jerry,

I just migrated my WHS2011 to Server 2012 Essentials few days ago, and discover today that you have already updated HSS to support it, that is great.

I also noted that HSS stop working after a while, I'm just able to right-click the tray icon to get the pop up menu, nothing more, it simply hang then I need to kill the task, it seems that V3.09 has a huge memory leak when I check it in task manager...

Is that a known issue ?

Note: I'm running Windows 8 on clients

Regards

Christophe

Edited by cge

tekguru

Those are the exact reasons I stopped using it.

cge

Today I tried it on a Windows 7 client, exactly the same issue, it cannot runs more than 1 hour then it stops responding.

So it's not only a Windows 8 issue

Christophe