RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Samsung Galaxy Nexus $230 Off Contract

awraynor

My employer pays for my cellphone service and I have been eligible for an upgrade for two years, but haven't found a worthy replacement for my Droid X. Verizon has a refurbished, certified Nexus for $230 off of contract which would allow me to keep my unlimited data plan. I was going to let my employe upgrade me to a Galaxy SIII, but the upgrade would cancel my unlimited data. I might buy this myself for the data benefit? If you are interested in a Nexus device, this is a heck of a deal.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?&item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=5862

Unlimited data is definitely worth keeping. The Nexus is a great phone except for the camera. It's really a shame they went low-budget on that as it's otherwise a solid device.

Just remember, pretty much all the telcos are going to eliminate truly unlimited data plans.

That's the way it has been going, but TMobile just brought back unlimited data, so (at least in the US) there are now 2 major carriers that offer unlimited. (sprint being the other one) Who knows if it will last though, I think Sprint and Tmobile are doing it purely to keep from getting killed by AT&T and verizon.

Why do you loose your unlimited data? I upgraded last October and kept my unlimited data.

Never mind did some reading and found out my own answer. That sucks! :(

Did not realize they got rid of it this year.

Just a few issues with buying a used phone myself. First my wife because work buys my phone and pays the cell bill, but I will lose the unlimited data.

Keep the Droid X which does everything I need, but the camera is so slow I frequently miss pics and still have 3G data. I have read in general Nexus

cameras aren't that good and that is the main reason I want a new phone. I guess another option is to wait a little while longer and pick up a gently

used Galaxy SIII, which may be the best option overall. I just like the sound of unlimited 4G Data.